From StrategyWiki, the free strategy guide and
- Space Crusade (1992)
- Based on the popular board game by Games Workshop. The time is
around 40,000, which means that the game is of course taking place
in the popular fantasy game Warhammer 40,000 (also known as
Warhammer 40K, or just 40K). Games like Warhammer: Final Liberation
and Space Hulk are other games taking place in the same period. You
control a force of different Space Marines that have to fight
against other enemies including Chaos Space Marines at different
places including several old Space Marine outposts.
- Space Hulk (1993)
- A RTS/Shooter featuring the Space Marines. It recreates the
board game Space Hulk. PC (DOS) and Amiga.
- Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels (1995)
- Updated RTS/Shooter featuring the Space Marines. It recreates
the board game Space Hulk with multiplayer support.
Playstation and PC (older/slower machines only, as the game runs on
the internal CPU clock for game speed).
- Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40,000 (1997)
- A turn-based strategy game recreating Epic 40,000 with
two races, Imperial Guard (reinforced with Ultramarines) versus the
Orks with one single-player Imperial campaign. The game was going
to have other races added, but plans for the other races never
- Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (1998)
- A turn-based strategy game featuring the Ultramarines.
- Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War (1999)
- A turn-based strategy game using the Panzer game engine.
- Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (2003)
- A first-person shooter featuring the
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (2004)
- A real-time strategy game featuring the Space
Marines, Eldar, Orks, and Chaos Space Marines.
- Winter Assault introduced the Imperial Guard and a new unit for
each of the previous armies.
- Dark Crusade was released by publisher THQ which added the Tau and
Necrons to the mix as well.
- Soulstorm has been announced and will contain the Dark Eldar,
and Witch Hunters as playable races.
- Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death (2006)
- A turn-based strategy game made for Nokia N-Gage platform
- Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command (2007)
- A strategy game for the PSP and Nintendo DS
The popular computer game StarCraft by computer game company Blizzard
is thought by some to have been largely inspired by the Warhammer
40,000 universe. A later game by Blizzard, Warcraft III, pokes
fun at this fact as a dwarf states "This warhammer costs 40K!".
Pages in category "Warhammer 40,000"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Soulstorm
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault